HOPE FOR THE HOLIDAYS DRIVE 2012
Benefiting Zebra Coalition Youth in Central Florida
Hope for the Holidays 2012 Flyer
As we enter the holiday season, we are grateful for the comfort of our warm homes and the joy of our loved ones. Unfortunately, for some Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (“LGBTQ”) youth, the holidays are a painful reminder of hardships they have experienced. The greatest gift we can give this holiday season is hope. Help bring some light to the darkness this winter by giving gifts of comfort and joy to our community’s most vulnerable LGBTQ youth.
Please consider donating items from our Zebra Coalition needs list below.
- Warm coats
- Hooded sweatshirts
- Knit caps, hats
- New athletic socks
- New underwear
- Hand warmers
- Travel sized tissues
SPONSOR A YOUTH FOR THE HOLIDAYS
$150 will provide gifts and other needs to help make one of our Zebra Coalition youth’s holiday a special one. All checks should be made out to Zebra Foundation for Youth, Inc.
- Professional/Business attire
- New socks
- New underwear & bras
- New breast binders for transgender clients
WELCOME HOME BASKET
- Household cleaning supplies:
- Liquid dish detergent, multi-surface cleaner, sponges, toilet bowl brush and cleaner, broom, mop, bucket
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, feminine hygiene products, shampoo, conditioner, bars of soap, lotion, deodorant, brush/comb,
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Tall kitchen trash bags
- Laundry detergent – single use pods
- Laundry basket
- New/gently used towel set
- New/gently used twin bed set
HYGIENE/SURVIVAL KIT SUPPLIES
- 1-Gallon sized zip lock bags
- Non-perishable snacks that can be opened without a can opener:
- Granola/fruit bars, packs for crackers, canned/packaged meat
- Basic hygiene products (travel-sized):
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, sunscreen with SPF, hand sanitizer, deodorant, chapstick/lip balm with SPF, shaving cream, razors, feminine hygiene products, basic first-aid supplies, hairbrush / comb
- Refillable, plastic/sport water bottles
GIFT CARDS & TRANSPORTATION
- $5 or $10 gift cards to McDonalds, Starbucks, Subway
- $25 or $50 gift cards to Publix, Winn-Dixie
- Gift cards of any value to Target, Staples, Wal-Mart for organization needs
- 7-day and 30-day LYNX bus passes
- Adult backpacks – for clients in school as well Street Outreach
- Laundry detergent single use pods – for laundry facility
- New/gently used towel sets – for shower facility
- LGBTQ related books – for our lending library
- Board games with all gaming pieces
- Non-perishable food – for our food bank
- Plastic storage bins with lids (15 gallon bins or larger)
- $500 is the average direct cost to manage one Zebra Coalition® client each month. Any size monetary gift is appreciated. All checks should be made out to Zebra Foundation for Youth, Inc.
- We have many volunteer opportunities available for individuals with different needs, interests and schedules. Join us at our next volunteer information session to learn more about the Zebra Coalition and discover a volunteer opportunity that’s right for you. Please visit our website at http://www.zebrayouth.org for upcoming information session dates in 2013.
Deliver requested items to:
911 N Mills Avenue
Orlando, FL 32803
Deliveries will be accepted on the following dates only:
December 6, 11, 13, 18 & 20 from 1:30 PM – 6:30 PM.
Please note, due to limited storage, we can only accept items from the above list. If you have any additional items you feel may be useful to our organization, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a potential donation not on our current list.
The mission of the Zebra Coalition® is to foster hope, dignity and self-respect in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) youth and to provide them an opportunity to grow up in a safe, healthy and supportive environment.