Calling all Central Florida youth! Provide your voice and join our Zebra Coalition Youth Council.
As a youth ambassador for Zebra Coalition, one would provide voice and perspective to the organization’s programming in partnership with staff and community allies.
Zebra Coalition Youth Council members will be responsible for participating in the following council activities, which will be further elaborated on at the first youth council meeting:
• Actively contributing to the work of the youth council committee
• Collaborate and partner well with Zebra Coalition staff, board members, other committees, and other youth council members
• Connecting with and serving as a mentor to Zebra Coalition youth both in the community and those being directly served by the organization
• Providing feedback on programming and services as requested
• Planning and implementing youth service projects
• Serving as a representative of Zebra Coalition as a local spokesperson, promoting Zebra Coalition campaigns and resources through your own networks.
• Developing strategies to raise funds for the Youth Council and managing such income to best serve the program
• Members are expected to allot 10 hours minimum each month for task completion, ranging from meetings, service learning projects, Zebra Coalition involvements, and other miscellaneous activities
• Vote on youth council policy changes, decisions, and official elections
• Must be between the ages of 13-24. If a minor, written parental permission is mandatory
• Resident of the Central Florida area
• Serve a full term of 1 year, from May- May, meeting all responsibilities of a council member
• Willing to prepare for and attend weekly meetings
• Demonstrate a commitment to creating positive changes for LGBT youth
• Display a dedication to promoting youth leadership, service learning, youth-adult partnerships and diversity
• Open mindedness and respect for the sensitivity of the youth being served and the program expectations regarding proper cultural awareness and education
• Be solution-orientated and willing to problem solve
• Leadership role in LGBT youth movement
• Mentorship by Zebra Coalition staff, board members, and partners
• Personal and professional development opportunities, including experience working with a non-profit and recommendations for higher education and/or employment
• Partnership and collaboration with like-minded peers
Still interested? Does the above sound like you? Then please click here to complete the application and we will be in touch with you soon.